Judging a book by its cover
JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER
By Patrick Pumulo
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but people will address you based on how you look
Like a coin there are 2sides to this, you can A. Just not a give a flying turd
B. Be self aware
If you pick the obvious answer the first thing you have to understand is yeah it's really crazy that people really do address you based on how you look
It took me quite a while to grasp the concept of dressing well, at first I thought it was all about the high-end brands but with time I came to realise that simplicity is all you need.
Staying clear of these obnoxious brands is the first step in the right direction. Think of it like this, think of a famous brand, literally any famous brand..I can bet you money that it won't take less than 20mins for you to spot it when you are outside taking a walk.
Are you also going to be a part of that aswell?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing Nike sneakers but have you tried loafers? Have you tried boots? Come on your footwear collection can't all be Nike or addidas or whatever brands make you drop top cash.
The same applies to clothing, my epiphany came to me when I realized I was trying to look Like everybody, the moment I dropped the brands my style drastically improved, I started to try out other brands, I started thrifting and that was a game changer for me.
I don't want to bore you into how this whole thing played out in one go but I'm going to drop my bits on how I finally discovered my sense of style by buying less of the hype brands, hope to see you on the next one
Comments
Post a Comment